I went to see Lionel…

 Well, it's that time of the month where I almost have a nervous breakdown, and realize that I hadn't eaten for many hours, which didn't help the situation and that I could break down and cry... until I eat and lay down and I am all better. This was me last night, when I could NOT get PowerPoint to work for me. Turns out, the free trial that I registered for did not include all of the options I needed to complete what I needed to. I have had more computer related setbacks since transferring to YSU than I have had ever in my life. We are very techy people; I use Logan's old Chromebook when I needed to do anything, but it isn't compatible with 9/10 of the things I need to do. I was given a loner, but it doesn't have Microsoft office programs installed. I downloaded a free trial. NOPE! Thank GOD for my SIL Natalie for coming in to save the day. After going back and forth with the Professor regarding what I had uploaded and the problems associated with THAT, some things were tweaked on his end and I was able to submit the assignment: A PowerPoint presentation of "Me As A Manager" with a video and audio recording attached to it, "presenting" it to him via the web. My no makeup face, my voice, my ratty hair and a weird angle of my room, and I got it done. THANK. GOD. ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

One month from today, we will be finishing up our vacation. I keep holding on to that, knowing that I will be able to relax, away from home and work and all the things. I am finishing two classes next week, and begin another on 7/1, but I am only taking one class this next term, as opposed to 3 this term. The scheduled will be lighter and I feel a sense of relief knowing that they are almost over. It's been a lot. A lot to juggle, especially in such a busy time of year for us. The lists of things to do have definitely thinned out... until football starts. I will have to take my computer with me on vacation, since I will have assignments due while we are away, but I can handle doing a little work while looking at a view of the ocean. ๐ŸŒŠ 

I went to see Lionel Richie this past Sunday with one of my long time besties. It was a great show, with Earth, Wind and Fire opening for them and getting DOWN! Lionel was a little more reserved and even mentioned that sometimes he forgets the words. ๐Ÿ˜ณ But that’s what happens when you’re performing for over 50 years, at almost 75 years old. We enjoyed ourselves, danced in our seats and sang along. It was nice to spend the day with Sarah, since lives are taking us in different directions and our time together is limited some. Thanks for the date, Sarah Ann! ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜ Not much has been going on with the boys... I love having them all home for the summer. Dryden will start his senior year in the Fall, Logan is still undecided between going back to D&E or going to a trade school, Boop will be in 7th and the twins in 4th. I truly hope to soak in as much family time with the 5 of them on vacation as possible, since everyone is running every other day with their own fun things. Things will be so different in 5 years, and who knows how much they are going to want to come around or be around their parents? I read something the other day that said "No parent can believe their kid is as old as they are". I laughed, but it is so true. It feels like yesterday that they were babies and we were just trying to keep everyone alive, in survival mode. I don't remember a LOT of when they were babies, because it was always go, go, go. A main goal of mine when school is over is to take in as much of them as possible. I always feel like I can do more, and be more for them. But I have to remind myself that what I am doing is for them as well, and for us as a family, overall. 

I feel like, now that things are winding down some, I need to tackle the house. There are so many things that I would like to do, things that NEED done, and things that have been looming for a while. We have shortened hours in the summer, so getting more done after work is possible, however, most days, a nap wins that battle. Then I get up, make dinner and do the minimum. It'll get there... eventually. lol. Laundry is being kept up on, mostly, and I thank my man and my in-laws for that. Even doing one load a day is such a tremendous help. And MUCH appreciated. I hope that by the end of summer, they will start to understand and get in a groove of hanging their towels outside and their trunks on the line after swimming instead of bring them in and leaving them in a cold wet heap on the floors or carpets to be found hours later. But, I will say, now that they are outside regularly, there seems to be a little less pee on the seat. ๐Ÿฉณ๐Ÿฉฒhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1MkQZsJKVrsKPIGeAlWqUW1p_vlheEvdUhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=17dNmeBlXVvT0glmPi46svQWxOjqj5_Xnhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1fS_geugMXd76jEUZEHpakWDQzJsOI2-Ohttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1VcsCFY7v_QH0NIOC2cq6u9AnQKBNNh0j

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm back, baby!

Disability Schmisability

One week, but feels like a month